Friday, September 27, 2013

Arrival of First Bellabox and Musing about 'Gothinabox'

A little while ago I was fortunate enough to win a competition on instagram run by Beginning Boutique. Along with a $100 gift voucher (which I unashamedly spent entirely on lipstick) I won a years subscription to Bellabox. Bellabox is an Australian company that sends out monthly packages filled with a variety of beauty samples.

Here's this month's box, less one can of tanning spray which I gave to a co-worker of my mum's...Of which I'll definitely miss :P



















Although some of these items are useful I can't say I was blown away by my first package...Especially it's questionable reading material...And in true looking a gift horse in the mouth fashion (as some of you who are friends of mine on facebook may have seen) I mused over what one of these monthly sample boxes could be like if they were catering to the goth/alternative community. The concept of a box arriving at my door every month filled with black goodies (or perhaps neons if you're a cyber goth...obviously we'd customise it for your particular sub-sub-culture haha) excites the hell outta me. A friend suggested I start doing it...and the thought was pretty thrilling...I dunno, who wants to start a business with someone with zero organisational skills and no business experience? Haha. Anyway, someone should make gothinaboxes a reality... You can have my idea just give me a free life time subscription and a shoutout :P


That's about all I got for tonight, I'm off to watch more Boardwalk Empire. Speaking of which, oh my goth; i adore Angela's swimmers in Season two! Like, seriously; I'm in love!


If you haven't seen BE and you love gratuitous violence and political coups (not to mention Steve Buscemi and fucking Harrow) then I seriously suggest you check it out.

Over and out

The Green Fairy xx


7 comments:

  1. I just got one of those hydro silk razor's. It's awesome, and I do mean awesome to finally have a razor that I can use with out shaving cream. Seriously cut time in the shower with out the burn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, sounds like it'll be perfect for removing my eyebrows; a task in which I'm constantly cutting myself whilst undertaking it.

      Delete
  2. Your gothinabox idea is amazing!!! I would kill to have something like that sent to my door every month!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh why thank you ^_^ Yeah I think I'd like t too but t's not as exciting when you know what's gonna be in it (if I sent myself one haha) :P I don't know how I would go about starting it or approaching companies for samples...I can't beleve I'm even giving serious thought to it, I'm quite literally one of the contenders for most disorganised person on Earth I would think hehehe

      Delete
  3. The GothinaBox idea really does tickle my fancy as well! It's such a good idea! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posting is very greet.
    Directory listing online had been a very popular search tool.
    Natural Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colorful post. I love that face mask is so cool!

    ReplyDelete