Wednesday, May 18, 2011

That's the Spirit

So I had an unbelievably grand weekend just gone, heading out to the Steampunk/Neo-Victorian themed train ride, Spirit of Distinction on Saturday evening. I drove down to Lithgow in the late afternoon, dressed myself in the car park and just made it in time.




It was around -3 degress celcius at the event; absolutely freezing! For you guys out there that don't use celcius, that's about 26 degrees Fahrenheit (and it's not even Winter here yet!). Despite the conditions, everyone was chipper, friendly and extremely welcoming. Although I'm quite confident around people I'm used to, I sometimes get a little shy around strangers; especially when I'm on my own. People seemed to notice I was alone and kindly invited me to join in their conversations and to hang our in the carriages. I've never met so many people at an event before and am almost in denial about how lovely everyone was :). I was even lucky enough to be introduced to a few funky folks from Melbourne town, so hopefully I'll be able to catch up with them when I move down there in a few months.



Furthermore, I was given the privlidge of riding in the engine car for the first half of the trip thanks to a friend of mine, Tom who works at the railway from time to time. He was very patient with me struggling along in the dark in my skyscraper heels and climbing into the car and I appreciated it very much :). Thanks Tom if you're reading this!



Pressure gauge in the engine car taken on my phone




Outfit preparation



Seeing as the trip to the Zigzag railway was a little way away and I thought I was running late, I just pulled out everything I might possibly wear, shoved everything in bags and chucked the bags in the car.

I can't be bothered writing down where everything is from, so if you have a specific question about one of the items just comment and I'll let you know :)



Photo curtsey of the Penrith Press


I hadn't really thought about my make up much prior to the event, and decided to just go with something very simple. I didn't take a photo because I wasn't sure it'd show up. I used green mascara and a pale shimmer with a slight green hue brushed over the eyelid and brow bone. Sharp eyebrow curves and no eye-liner as well.

Needless to say, I can't wait for the next one! Thank you everyone for your contributions to probably the best night out I've had all year ^_^


In other news my parents took of yesterday morning for 3 weeks so I'm at home being all responsible. So seeing as I'll be home this weekend, I figure I might try and do a makeup tutorial. It's been a while since I've seen any makeup I've really felt the urge to attempt to duplicate until now!

Of course you guys would all know Adora Batbrat, and as lovely as she is I think I have a bit more of a innocent fangirl crush on her pretty sister, Jenni. The pictures of Jenni's makeup in some of Adora's more recent blog posts of their modelling trip to Germany are just fantastic! It's probably got something to do with Adora and her sister's current green-themed personal presentation... Oh and I fucking love her eyebrows to death, I even asked her how she does them in case she used a stencil. We shared a little joke about selling her eyebrow shape on ebay :P. *fangirl squeal*






Also I may have just bought these contact lenses... *innocent* I know own 4 pairs of contact lenses; three of them are green shades :P





Anyway, I think that may be about all for tonight. Oh and for all you aussies out there if you have any friends in Melbourne let them know that a happy-go-lucky goth is looking for a place to live in you don't mind!

Over and out!


p.s. My Hogwarts letter arrived today. Must've got lost in the mail. FOR 9 YEARS.

No comments:

Post a Comment