Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Goth Challenge - Day 10

What do you hate and love about the subculture?



Love:

-The fashion and style (duh :p)
-Standing out from the crowd
-The tendency for other goths to greet you like you've met before (even though you haven't)
-The 'family' atmosphere I feel around others interested in the subculture
-The random compliments from strangers
-The double-takes
- The fact that the dancing at goth clubs/events is so much cooler/fun than at normal clubs
-That corniness is cool ^_^



Hate:

-Dealing with the people who feel the need to harrass you because of how you look
-The elitism
- The fact that I can never find anything I'm looking for in my clothes pile because everything is black :P
-That the pretty things cost so much :(
-Having to deal with sleazy guys who hit on you, thinking you're easy because you're goth
-The nasty snickering when people walk past you
-Being treated like a lesser being or not being taken seriously in society because you're goth



That's about all I can think of for now...

In other news here's a pic of my from yesterday in my new Elfs from Blackmilk. Sorry the pic is so bad. They're a beautiful green velvet, so soft...Mmmmmm






I realised this afternoon how freakin' close my birthday is (only 8 sleeps away >.<). I seem to get less and less excited about it every year that passes. This birthday is probably gonna suck because none of my friends are home so I'll probably spend it getting drunk alone packing for Melbourne.


I also seriously think I need rehab for my Blackmilk addiction... I bought two new pairs this week already! big blood splatters and Cathedrals. The blood splatters will probably look awful on me because they're white, but I figure I could wear some ripped black pants over them and they'd make an awesome zombie outfit addition (I LOVE dressing up as a zombie!). Plus if I really hate them I'm sure I'll have no issues passing them on to someone who missed out seeing as all these styles are being discontinued. I'm sad that I still haven't gotten confirmation that my Matrixes have been posted. I'm so worried I'm going to get an email saying something along the lines of 'Sorry, we over estimated how many pairs we had." :S I guess all I can do is wait and hope!

On another note I also received my custom green tights from Tentacle Threads today. The colour is freakin' AMAZING. I will hopefully get some nice pics of them this weekend.

Anyway, think that's about all for tonight.


Over and out!

The Green Fairy

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment