Thursday, July 21, 2011

Interview With a Goth - Kitty Lovett

This week's victim is the lovely Kitty from Bloggery of a Gothcat!





Photo by me! Can you see he joy seeping from her pores?




Name: Kitty Edwards


Goth alias: Kitty Lovett, Miss Cat, A(nonymous) Cat, The Unadulterated Cat, and any and all variants of the words "cat" and "kitty" (it's ridiculous)


Age: Seventeen. Well. In a month and two days I will be.


Orientation: Bisexual

Relationship Status:
Cosmically complicated relationship. There's pokemon involved.

Where are you hailing from? Gallifrey. ("Is that in Ireland?" "....must be.") In all seriousness, I claim Byron Bay, NSW Australia as my hometown.


What is your favourite band, song and movie?

Favourite band: The Cat Empire, old Nightwish, although from a quick look on my iToomz, it becomes apparent that everything I like is from musicals. I do have some favourite bands.

Song: At the moment? Michael Ball's (lul) rendition of "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables".

Movie: Funny Girl, and Ginger Snaps - it's a more-or-less tie.


Favourite author and book? Terry Pratchett, although if you make me choose I will never forgive you. (it's probably a four-way tie between Reaper Man, Guards! Guards!, Thief of Time and Men at Arms)


If you were only allowed to use one cosmetic for the rest of your life what would it be? My favourite black eyeshadow. Because lip balm isn't cosmetic, I could use it as shadow, liner and lipstick. ;3


List 3 things we’d find in your handbag/backpack if we opened it now:

My wallet, my Nintendo DS and either my Vampire Red or metallic purple lipsticks. Usually water but that's on my bed at the moment. 8>


Are there any things you never leave the house without? A bottle of water and my Edwardian sterling silver and ruby engagement ring (the moral of the story is; antique shops are awesome)


Favorite season? Winter. I love the cold!


In your opinion what colour looks best on you? Probably red! I love red. Red shoes!


What subgenre of goth do you think you fit into/ have you created your own? Vaudevillian/Victorian with some Lolita and splotches of other styles.


Where would we find you on a Saturday evening? Usually at home or at Heather's place, reading.


Discovered any good goth-related websites lately and care to share them? I am so lame, I don't really go on goth websites. XD I usually read blags, window-shop online, and provide obviously-important insights on my facebook about what my cats are up to.


Anything in particular you’re into at the mo’? Making Adora Bell Dearheart's costume from "Terry Pratchett's Going Postal". (look it up. her skirt is ENORMOUS)


Best live band performance you’ve seen? I don't know! D: That time I saw the Waifs when I was ten or so was pretty amazing.


Like to share an interesting fact about yourself? According to my singing teacher, I could be a model as well as a fantastic soprano. I told her I'm too short - a fact the Green Fairy can attest to. :P


Favourite piece of clothing you own? Probably my pinstripe corset, or my Doc Martens (which are my everyday go-to shoes!)


Favourite accessory? Probably my locket. Or, actually, my new velvet Mad hatter tophat.


Any bodymods? My nose and my ears. Hopefully my lip soon (i was tempted to do it the other day when my sister was getting her tattoo, but I was too ill).


Biggest pet peeve about the goth scene? The cost! Other than that, I find the huge majority of the community I've met to be very lovely and sweet.


If you had the chance to meet any one in human history who would it be? Her Majesty Queen Victoria, or the Queen Consort Alexandra of Denmark (the wife of Edward VII). And, to push my answer on a bit more, probably Dame Joan Sutherland.


Any parting comments? Party on, Wayne! ;3

5 comments:

  1. Of course .. the Mad Hatter hat xD

    Did you know that people are more likely to be attracted to someone who wears red? I forgot where I read that, but it sounded interesting enough to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Party on, Garth! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tenebris- explains a lot. ;3

    Othercat - 8D -initiates into family!-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I really love your blog, dunno if I've mentioned that ^^ In any case, I have a slightly unrelated question/proposition for you. I'm in the process of working on a post about Goths' relationships with siblings, and I was wondering if you had any; and if so, if you'd let me interview you via email, if you're interested of course. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Boots! ^_^

    As much as I'd love to participate, I'm afraid I don't have any siblings :/

    ReplyDelete